- Dr Banu Sis, Principal Investigator
- Prof. Andrew Mason, Collaborator
- Prof. Aldo Montano-Loza, Collaborator
- Prof. Anthony Demetris, Collaborator
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Molecular Assessment of Liver Transplant Biopsies
Predicting progressive liver disease following liver transplantation is a major unmet need. Histopathology is crucial to diagnose liver allograft problems, but is poorly predictive for outcomes. We aim to study genome-wide microarrays in a large series of liver transplant biopsies. Molecular profiling of liver tissue can develop an accurate system to predict progression of graft fibrosis and outcomes following liver transplantation for Hepatitis C virus infection and thus may guide antiviral therapy.