- Prof. James McCluskey, Principal Investigator
- Dr Mandvi Bharadwaj, Co-Investigator
- Prof Jamie Rossjohn, Co-Investigator
- University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
- To Monitor the Mechanism and Tissue-specificity of Cross-reactive, Allogeneic T Cells
This project will explore the basis of unexpected immune reactions whereby the immune system mistakes one molecular structure for another, a phenomenon known as cross-reactivity. The project will examine how often this is due to molecular mimicry, potentially explaining why immune T cells sometimes react inappropriately and cause harmful effects for the host. This information will help us to alleviate much of the morbidity and mortality associated with organ transplantation.